Orly La Playa

by 8:56 PM 3 comments
Today I have yet another polish post. I have some ideas for makeup posts but I haven't really been diligent with my eyebrow upkeep of late and as a result, I am rocking a mono brow. Very attractive. So I'll get that sorted on the weekend and can get some photos happening that won't scare the bejeezus out of all of you.


So in the meantime, here is Orly La Playa. I'd read lots of awesome reviews of this polish, seen lots of swatches but was not convinced it would play nice with my skin tone. Then someone chucked it in as part of a swap and I was so silly to doubt that I would love it. I think it might be a colour that in RL would work with any skin tone. I was worried about it making my fingers look red, as is sometimes a problem with blues.


This is two coats. As with all Orly polishes I have ever had the pleasure of using, smooth application made easy by the brush that is man-hand friendly (the full size bottles that is, application of the minis is horrific and the result is always akin to something that a 3yo would do).


I love dark blues, but I always tend to sit more on the side of blackened blues and the like. So for me to be ok with wearing this out in public means that I must really love it. I find it fascinating that I don't like wearing brighter blues in the real world because I feel like perhaps they are not work appropriate and a little trashy, but give me a green or...any other colour at all really and I will wear it like a flag. Maybe that's just me, do you have a shade that you feel is not as "acceptable" in your day to day life?

So, I haven't really had much in the way of entries into my new giveaway and I can't quite figure out why. It's a fabulous prize. Have I written down something wrong and not noticed? Normally I would have hundreds of entries by now. Any feedback on this mystery would be much appreciated. If you just didn't know about it, you can enter here. For the record, you don't actually have to read the entire preceding post in order to enter. Hmm...maybe that's the issue, too long a post and readers don't actually make it to the good part?

Oh, and I am going to try respond to all my comments and emails over the next couple of days.

That's it from me today.

Be awesome to each other.

Bec

Makeup Artist

I am a fully qualified makeup artist who is internationally published, and I have worked with and been mentored by some of the very best in the business! Now I'm ready to share my tips and tricks, answer your questions and most importantly, help you make every makeup moment a memorable one.

3 comments: