China Glaze Paper Chasing

by 9:31 AM 3 comments
Today's NOTD are fairly simple. I wanted my nails polished and I wanted it done fast. But it's Murphy's Law that when I just want something to be over and done with that it takes forever. Case in point was my middle finger on my right hand. I had to re polish not 2, not 3 but 4 freaking times. I kept smooshing it and I have no idea how. I was so careful. And I look down and wrecked again. I swear there are nail gnomes out there that take great delight in making me mad and wanting to break things. They creep up when you aren't looking, and judging by the damage to my nail polish, break dance on my nails. Whoa - I'm having a freaky imagine that moment right now. Ooookay. If I haven't scared you off with my crazy - here are today's nails.

This is China Glaze Paper Chasing which was part of the Summer 2009 Kicks Collection. I do like this polish, but it hardly strikes me as a work appropriate colour. That said, it's never stopped me before. I've had a lot of compliments from people at work about this colour. Probs because it's so in your face that they can't really avoid it.

It's a (very) sheer green shimmer. I like to layer over white so I don't use so much polish. It's vibrant, but not a neon. I kinda wish it was though, because you have to use a lot of layers to make it opaque, it takes a while to dry even with a quick dry top coat. To use this without a white base is 5 coats, and 3 with a base. Crazy I know. So now you know why it takes ages to dry.


I finished it off with some stamping using Konad white and a Bundle Monster template. (I'm not going to bother naming which one since you can only buy the temples in well... a bundle. So you'll get them all anyway.

**On a side note - If you haven't ordered already, TheBodyNeeds has a discount code (tbn20) that gets you 20% off the TBN branded products. This offer expires at midnight on the 15th which I believe hasn't happened yet in the states where they are based, so if you get in quick you can still get a super discount from these guys. Their products are awesome and the colour range is amazing. Check it out here.**

Don't forget to enter my Konad Comp here.

That's about it I think. Be awesome to each other.

Bec

Makeup Artist

I am a fully qualified makeup artist who is internationally published, and I have worked with and been mentored by some of the very best in the business! Now I'm ready to share my tips and tricks, answer your questions and most importantly, help you make every makeup moment a memorable one.

3 comments:

  1. I really really really really really like this mani. I love the colour, which I probably wouldn't have if I'd seen it in store before seeing these photos, and that snowflake konad just puts the cherry on top. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so CUTE! What a great green.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joan and 'chelle,

    The colour is a really awesome. Its the only polish I have like that, every time I wear it I wonder why I don't wear it more often.
    Thanks for stopping by.

    Bec

    ReplyDelete