China Glaze OMG

by 9:23 AM 6 comments
I am suffering from a severe case of shiny ball syndrome today and my nails aren't helping me to concentrate. But I'm ok with that.
Today I am wearing China Glaze OMG from the OMG Collection. I feel like I have rainbows and happiness on my fingernails right now. It is that good.


Sunlight

The polish itself is sheer, so I layered 2 thin coats over one coat of Ulta3 Lily White, and it seems to have done the trick. I am a big fan of layering holos because often, like with the Nubar holos, they are super sheer and you use half the bottle trying to make them opaque.


Sunlight

I also had my first crack at using Fimo Rods. Holy damn, these things are hard to cut thin. Does anyone have any tips for me? I ended up using some pre-cut ones.
Please excuse the random bubbles in the polish, I am getting the the end of my bottle of Seche and it seems to bubble a bit when I get low.

That's it from me today. Be awesome to each other.

Bec

Makeup Artist

I am a fully qualified makeup artist who is internationally published, and I have worked with and been mentored by some of the very best in the business! Now I'm ready to share my tips and tricks, answer your questions and most importantly, help you make every makeup moment a memorable one.

6 comments:

  1. Love it those effects are just awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have a proper blade to cut polymer clay? I've never tried premade rods but I do have a special blade that you can buy from craft stores - it is bendy. That might help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. learnt a new holo trick ;)
    Jamie- squovalicious.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Liloo and Jamie K!

    Pammymela - I found one at the craft store. Looks like a scalpel. I love it! Thanks so much for the tip! You're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always forget how much I love OMG till I see it on someone. It's an amazing holo. I've never used those rods just for the reason of cutting them thin enough.

    ReplyDelete