Sally Hansen HD - Hi Res - One Color - Two Ways!

by 9:57 AM 9 comments

This is the mani I was rocking for all of one day. I liked the effect a whole lot, but the striping tape kept peeling up even though I kept layering Seche over the top. The little buggers would just not stay put!

I used Sally Hansen Hi Res. The polish is brighter the same shade as the flash pic. I used my light box for these ones, but didn't let the bulbs get bright enough before I took the photo, I was just too darn impatient. I didn't notice until I saw the background was an odd yellow shade when I was editing the pics. Oh well, another lesson learned.


This three coats of Hi Res when dries pretty quickly. I had to work fast to apply the striping tape. The tape itself is what makes the mani awesome. It's a striped black and silver tape. The reason it does not sit down is because it is a twisted design. It's called Silver Fox and it's a laser blend striping tape.


Here is the promo pic for it. I got it from Dollar Nail Art. I also ordered a heap of foils, but cannot for the life of me make it work on the tips of my nails. It just will not stay on the nail. Any tips on foils? Anyone have the same issues?



By the time I had applied the individual strands with tweezers I was pretty over it, so I decided to crack out China Glaze Bad Kitty which is a Pink Glitter polish that works well as a top coat. Easy and brings a whole new look to the SH polish.


If you haven't entered already, here is the link to my MAC Giveaway.

That's it from me.

Be awesome to each other.

Bec

Makeup Artist

I am a fully qualified makeup artist who is internationally published, and I have worked with and been mentored by some of the very best in the business! Now I'm ready to share my tips and tricks, answer your questions and most importantly, help you make every makeup moment a memorable one.

9 comments:

  1. Bad Kitty really turns it up, love your striping but I know how annoying it is when those things keep sticking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Freshie,

    It's always the ends of the tape. Super annoying. i was really happy with how Bad Kitty looked layered over it. A really awesome combo.

    Bec

    ReplyDelete
  3. im in seriously need of new nailpolish, the last one looks amazing!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Manuela,

    Bad Kitty is an awesome polish. I haven't tried it on its own. It think it could go opaque, but it would take a few coats.

    Bec

    ReplyDelete
  5. That China Glaze looks beautiful layered over top

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Spifftiff,

    It is pretty funky isn't it?

    Bec

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome mani! Reminds me of a broken mirror.. x

    ReplyDelete