Nubar Raspberry Truffle

by 9:39 AM 12 comments

I haven't really done much in the way of makeup looks lately, I've been feeling pretty sick. So sick that I have been wearing the same polish for around four days at time (gasp!). These pictures were taken on the fourth day. They've lost a little of their shine and there is a little bit of tip wearing, but these polishes are long wearing and I demand a lot of them, so to not get any noticeable chips is a really good thing in my book.

I've really been liking this colour. I'm not a brown polish girl, in fact I don't own any brown polishes at all. Before this one showed up that is. Inside it just looks like it is brown, but out in sunlight, this polish really comes to life.

The polish is part of the Nubar Chocolate Truffle collection which was released in Autumn/ Winter 2009 and Raspberry Truffle was the only one that interested me.


It's a dark chocolate brown with a awesome red shimmer to it. I looks like a fire that is just burning down. Like the embers that are left at the bottom of the fire with the faint glow of red still in the charcoaled wood. It's amazing.
My picture was taken with a flash so it really doesn't show the polish as it actually is.

Scrangie has a really good swatch of this colour. The picture below is hers. And she has described it pretty much the same way I have. I guess there is nothing else that you can really compare this polish to. If you live under a rock and have never been to Scrangie's blog - you need to go there!
It applied so well, only two coats and so incredibly shiny. I also received a Diamont fast dry top coat with this polish and used it, however 2 hours later, my nails were still not dry and it seemed to have dulled the shine a lot. I re-applied with my trusty Seche and it was fine and super glossy. Maybe Diamont does not like me. Which makes me sad, because I paid a fair bit for that bottle.
So I guess I am a brown nail polish girl after all. Who knew?
Remember, there is still a bit of time to enter my mineral makeup giveaway. I am giving away 5 mineral eye shadows and a mixing medium to one lucky follower. The prize has been donated by TheBodyNeeds which has fabulous makeup at extremely reasonable prices and the quality is completely comparable to high end brands, and IMHO is sometimes even better. So check it out here. Its quick and easy to enter and not many people have entered so far compared to some of my past giveaways, so your chances of winning is pretty good right now.
That's it from me today. Be awesome to each other.

Bec

Makeup Artist

I am a fully qualified makeup artist who is internationally published, and I have worked with and been mentored by some of the very best in the business! Now I'm ready to share my tips and tricks, answer your questions and most importantly, help you make every makeup moment a memorable one.

12 comments:

  1. similiar with NFu oh 51 hehe great review! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I've never seen Nfu Oh 51, so I'll have to go hunt down a swatch. It's nice to see you again.

    Bec

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your swatches don't make it look brown at all! For a while, I thought maybe you had the wrong swatch photos posted...

    It looks like a dark purple with red shimmer, an eggplant purple kind of shade. The best way to describe the colour as shown in your swatch photos is to liken it to ulta3's Waterlily, which I'm pretty sure this isn't supposed to look like in real life. :P

    But it's still a lovely colour!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It doesn't look like brown at all in your swatches. I love the colour like it looks like in the pictures though!

    Hopefully you'll feel better soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a yummy color! You can see the raspberry in it.

    Get well soon! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! I absolutely LOVE this color and its on my Nubar want list (along with like 13 other lacquers) It is fabulous and its an excellent swatch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Joan,

    The photos are really deceptive. That's what I meant about the polish really coming to life when there is direct light on it. It changes from a (still attractive) chocolate brown to all kinds on awesome.

    Waterlily you say? I think I may have that somewhere. I think I may need to do a side by side comparison.

    Bec

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jonna,

    It really is an awesome colour. Its not often I wear colours for a long time, and never ever a brown, but this colour is just...wow.

    I hope I will feel better soon too. Lol. I'm so over being sick.

    Bec

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Laura,

    It totally is. It makes me want to eat the Club dark chocolate that we have here with raspberries through it. Although, in all honestly, pretty much any excuse to eat chocolate works for me.

    Bec

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi LWFTAT,

    It is fabulous. I also have a Nubar want list as long as my arm. I think Dark Castle is at the top at the moment, and possibly Peacock Feathers. What's at the top of yours?

    And thanks for the swatch compliment.

    Bec

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you feel better soon. This is a great color!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It applied so well, only two coats and so incredibly shiny. I also received a Diamont fast dry top coat with this polish and used it

    ReplyDelete