China Glaze Jolly Holly aka Going Off Like a Frog In A Sock

by 11:24 AM 5 comments
Today I have a polish to share with you that was blogged about to death over Christmas, so I thought I'd hang on to this one so that you have a while to get over it and then you'll be ready to fully appreciate it again.

This is China Glaze Jolly Holly which was obviously part of the Christmas Collection that CG released. I do love a good dark green polish, as you all well know, so I was particularly excited when I saw the swatches for these in the lead up to Christmas.

I'm not sure I like it when polishes are given seasonal names because I feel slightly weird about wearing them the rest of the year. I think they should come with two names. I originally thought I would re name this one Evergreen, but then I realised that if I am going to re-name a polish, that I was going to go all out - and so, without further ado, I present...

Going Off Like A Frog In A Sock
(Yes, yes, I know it's wordy but I like it and it accurately describes the awesomeness of the shade I think.)




See - a suitably awesome name for a awesome polish!

What would you rename this polish? I am totally curious. Do you have the same feeling of slight weirdness that I do when it comes to wearing Christmas themed things during the rest of the year?

That's it from me today.

Be awesome to each other.

Bec

Makeup Artist

I am a fully qualified makeup artist who is internationally published, and I have worked with and been mentored by some of the very best in the business! Now I'm ready to share my tips and tricks, answer your questions and most importantly, help you make every makeup moment a memorable one.

5 comments:

  1. I totally get what you mean. I was planning on layering White Cap over this two manis ago and my mom said it was a Christmas-y colour, so I passed. And I've regretted it ever since. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kee,

    It makes me sad that as soon as a Christmas collection comes out they get labelled as Christmas Colours! I mean Nubar bought out a collection of all greens and that wasn't even slightly Christmasy!

    BTW, I think that mani idea sounds amazing! You totally have to give it a go!

    Bec

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bec,

    ITA with you! Just cuz they look like a Christmas green doesn't mean they're for Christmas time only!

    I am so gonna do it. I've been wanting to do it ever since I thought of it. :)

    Thanks!

    ~Kee

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would name this "Christmas Emerald Tree" :D I do not have a problem to use Christmas themed nail polishes, just manicures :P although Party Hearty is quite a manicure by itself so it does annoy me :P it really depends on the things too, but usually I don't use them off season ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome!!!!!!!!!! I think tis colour woud be great for a spring-party!
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete